Olympia International Film Festival for Children and Young People Pyrgos, Grecia Sito web: olympiafestival.gr
Films open up a window to the world; they give us empathy, by putting us in the shoes of others; they show us colours under different sunlight; they make us laugh or cry; they make us share our feelings with the stranger sitting next to us. Cinema is the art of the modern world and navigating through this art is difficult, promising and rewarding. Olympia IFF is our vehicle for this experience and we would like to share it with you.
Here the movies they propose
- Circus Movements | Lukas Berger, Mário Gajo de Carvalho | 2019 | Ethiopia, Austria, Germany, Portugal | 15 In Ethiopia, the director follows the tracks of some very special circus artists.
- Girlhood | Vania Turner | 2021 | Greece | 30 Three teenage girls find refuge in their friendship as they struggle with gender expectations, eating disorders, and an addiction to social media.
- Goads | Iris Baglanea | 2020 | Greece | 15 Ira has to face one of the strongest experiences of her childhood during a “training” session with her father.
- Jag, Julia (I, Julia) | Arvin Kananian | 2020 | Switzerland | 15 Julia is a 14-year-old girl living what seems to be an idyllic life, but there is a darkness growing inside her.
- Kapaemahu | Hinaleimoana Wong-Kalu, Joe Wilson, Dean Hamer | 2020 | USA | 9 The stones standing on what is now Waikiki Beach (Hawaii) carry hidden powers and stories.
- Les larmes de la Seine (The Seine's Tears) | Yanis Belaid, Eliott Benard, Nicolas Mayeur, Etienne Moulin, Hadrien Pinot, Lisa Vicente, Philippine Singer, Alice Letailleur | 2021 | France | 9 17 october 1961, workers take to the streets to demonstrate against the mandatory curfew.
- Nanu Tudor (My Uncle Tudor) | Olga Lucovnicova | 2020 | Belgium, Portugal, Hungary, Moldova | 21 An intimate journey of healing in which the filmmaker returns to her childhood home.
- Pouštět draka (The Kite) | Martin Smatana | 2019 | Slovakia, Poland, Czech Republic | 13 A little boy visits his old grandfather in the countryside. Together, they fly a kite that symbolizes their live